Monday, December 30, 2019

2019 Christmas Letter, Part 9


Okay, it’s crunch-time. Last post before the new year. 

The last four months of the year were as busy as ever.

I went to Kenya for the sixth time the last two weeks in September. I think it was my best trip there; everything went off without a hitch for a change.
A week after coming home, I bought a new car (only new for me, a 2015).
Then I got my hair cut. Still working on getting it to do what I want.
Hubby’s nephew got married, and it was fun getting together with his whole side of the family.
A few weeks later we saw a lot of them again at his aunt’s ninetieth birthday party.
Our annual Thanksgiving dinner was another success. Yikes! More family!
Oh, but right before the snow started, the power was out again for 18 hours and the tree that fell half-down back in the spring, completely came down with a crash.
Then there’s poor Dino. His hips have been getting worse, and then he fell and messed up his knee. He’s on anti-inflammatories and hobbling around with at least a little more energy. But he didn't even help everyone open their presents Christmas morning. 
I’m not gonna lie, I’m looking forward to the New Year. It’s gotta be better.

No comments: