Friday, December 6, 2019

2019 Christmas Letter, part 2


     Welcome to the Christmas Letter 2019. On Wednesday’s blog I mentioned that I was going here, but today will be the official opening of the “Letter”.

 The night of the first day of the new year should have told me something about how our year would be. Around 10:00, shortly after going to bed on January 1, Hubby and I each ended up in the bathroom (good thing we have two of them). We spent the next six hours on our respective thrones, holding buckets in our laps.

 Every year for the last six years or so, I’ve chosen a “word of the year”, a word to keep in mind, to help me focus on something, to turn to when things are unraveling. I’d chosen the word “gift” for 2019. Hmm? That first day of the year my gift was those two toilets in the house.

 Speaking of toilets, in January, I submitted my first Cologuard specimen, sending my stool sample to the lab to have it checked for cancer cells. I was pretty stressed about it, as my mammogram the month before had initially come back questionable and I had to go in for a repeat just to be sure. The second one was totally fine. Then my bone density scan came back border-line as well. I was thinking that I really didn’t want a third screening test to come back abnormal, but I guess the third times a charm as my colon is fine. (Oh, boy!)
  Other than that, January brought us colder weather than usual, and I think the average amount of snow. Then February hit, bringing with it snowmageddon. I don’t think it stopped snowing until April. No, I know it didn’t stop until then. More about that next time. 

No comments: