Sunday, December 22, 2019

Finding Mary

     Welcome to this year’s Christmas edition of my Sunday inspirational blogs. For six weeks, starting the first Sunday in December, I have been posting an updated version of the blogs I posted in 2011 and again in 2016. I thought they were kind of cute, so decided they were worth revisiting. All the pictures were taken on one of our trips to Kenya. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the story.

 And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born; and she gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him in a blanket and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the village inn. Luke 2:6-7 (Living Bible)

 Visitor (whispering): Excuse me, can you tell me if that is Mary?

 Cow: Yes, it is. With her husband Joseph and their brand-new baby.

 Goat: You should have been here earlier. It was like a miracle when the baby was born.

 Visitor: Really? Why is that?

 Goat: I really can’t put my hoof on it.

 Cow: Me either. But it was beautiful. It was like total peace and serenity suddenly came over this stable.

 Goat: And this light seemed to be coming straight out of the baby. Only it wasn’t a light. I can’t explain it.

 Visitor: Then I am pretty disappointed that I missed it. I have been all over the countryside the last few months, looking for Mary. I can’t believe that I finally found her.

 Cow: Why have you been looking for her so long and so hard?

 Visitor: That’s what I don’t know. I thought I was drawn to her but now that she has the baby, I think that all along it was the baby that I was looking for.

 Goat: But here you are and you still don’t know?  

 Visitor: No, I don’t. But I am going to figure it out before I’m through.  

No comments: