Sunday, July 19, 2020

In Need of Some Rest


   He gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak.
   Even children become tired and need to rest, and young people trip and fall.
   But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again.
They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest;
 they will walk and not become tired.
Isaiah 40:29-31 (New Century Version)

Over the last four weeks or so, I was running a marathon – a race to get my latest novel published on Amazon, in both electronic and print versions. I gave myself the deadline of July 4 to get that done. I only half succeeded; the e-book was available by the end of June, but the paper version only this past Thursday. I honestly was trusting in the Lord through this process, but I was still pretty weary. Not so much physically, but mentally.

I thought the whole process was going to go a bit more smoothly. But if you’ve been following me, you may recall that the problems ran the gamut from a laptop which suddenly became terminally ill to my brain not comprehending how to format the manuscript to be as seamless a book as it was on my computer.

It’s done though. The book is out there and I hope that I have served God well with the message the story tells.

And now it’s time for this chick to rest, to take a break.

I had the verses above in mind when I was thinking about what I wanted to write today. And wouldn’t you know? God had it figured out already once again.

Six and a half months ago, I chose the word “strength” for my word of the year. I think about it occasionally, but apparently not enough. That line above? It’s sitting right on my desk here in my office, staring at me every day. And I totally forget about it.

Lord, God, all I can say is that I am so very thankful that You are so much smarter than I am. You always have Your act together. Help me to not forget that at least. Amen.


No comments: