Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Meet the New Additions

   If you follow me on Facebook, you already saw some of these pictures and have already been introduced to Emma and Gizmo. Also, if you follow the lives of my pets, you may remember that we have had cats or dogs named: Keisha, Pepper, Shadow, Pebbles, Bam-Bam, Dino, Fred, Betty, Barney, Alice and Cheshire. We worked on the Flintstones theme, but have pretty much exhausted those names. I did, however, see a tendency towards running through the alphabet, so having had an A, several B’s, a C, a D and an F, I thought we could continue that trend and give the new kittens E and G names. After we picked out two girls, though, the only G name I could think of was Gretel and I feared we would have to get a Hansel next. When I decided on Emma for our E name, it dawned on me that that was my grandmother’s name, and lo and behold, Hubby’s grandmother’s name had been Frieda. That sounded good to me. And Hubby? Wise man that he is, goes along with whatever his wife says.

Until we picked up the kittens and they told us the black one we were going to name Frieda was a boy. We were like, well, we’ve had as many males as females, so it doesn’t matter, except that changing names all over again threw me in a tizzy. Maybe I could still go with Gretel and Hansel.

Then on the way home, while she was chilling in their crate 
And he was crawling all over me, looking at me with those ears, it dawned on me that he was a Gizmo. And sometimes he acts like a gremlin. 
So, here are some of the pictures I’ve taken of them. A hard task as Gizmo never stops moving and I can’t just show you Emma.
She doesn't often stop moving either.
But at least Emma bonded with Dino quickly. 
Gizmo? Not so much, but he is starting to tolerate the dog. 
Almost looking at the camera. 
Not looking at the camera at all. 
So cute
Still not looking at the camera. 

The only picture I could get of them together. 
The next task is getting this guy, The Cheshire Cat, to be friends. 


No comments: