Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Best of Bessemer and Hurley – Blog post #9 from the family vacation

     I think I only have two more posts to share from our family vacation this past fall. The first one covers two of the towns we briefly visited on our last full day up north.

     Bessemer, Michigan is probably best known for being the home of Big Powderhorn ski resort. I know it best for being where the road to Black River Harbor starts out. That last Tuesday in September, we didn’t have time for either one. We did take a side trip to the Black River, though.    



    Then, while my kids were visiting with someone, I snapped a few random shots of the streets of Bessemer 


 

     Every town has its own little places of interest.  


    And fascinating old buildings.

    


     Next stop was back in Hurley, Wisconsin. Once a booming mining town, Hurley’s claim to fame, back in the day, had always been its houses of ill-repute.  

     I couldn’t say that I passed any of those establishments on my brief walk along its brief streets.    


     But I bet these walls do have stories to tell.  


     And no matter where a person goes in this part of the country, you can find beauty.

  Whether in nature. 

   Or man-made.


No comments: