Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Great Finale - Blog post #9 from the family vacation

I have finally arrived at my last post from our family vacation up north at the end of September.

 Tuesday, our last day at the cabin, after another day of hiking and driving around and walking the streets of the small towns we visited, the kids and I returned to the cabin for our last night there. My son, daughter, and son-in-law were all ready to call it a day. I had one last place I wanted to explore, and since none of them were up for it, I hiked to the top of Whitecap Mountain on my own, just as the sun came out in the late afternoon. 

 The views! There are no words to describe the views. 360 degrees of views.

 I think the leaves were at their peak color. Or at least, I can barely imagine them being more vibrant. 

 Weber Lake, the lake our cabin was on.


With Lake Superior far in the distance.

 



Unfortunately, it was late in the day. And I still had to climb down off the mountain and find my way back to the cabin. 


 Down one of the ski hills. Not perhaps the safest route. Who knew there would be standing water on the side of a mountain? And how safe is a barbwire fence at the side of the bottom of a ski run?

 I made it back in plenty of time for supper. Can’t wait for the next adventure!


No comments: