Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Historic Prairie du Chien - Camping at Wyalusing, Blog post #2

The first full day we camped at Wyalusing State Park, we took a drive into nearby Prairie du Chien. It is considered Wisconsin’s second oldest city. Younger only than Green Bay, it was established in 1673.

Being that old, Prairie du Chien does have a long and interesting history. Which you’ll have to look up on your own if you want to read about it. I’m mostly about the pictures.

We first toured the Fort Crawford Museum complex. It included the Fort Crawford Hospital and the Prairie du Chien Museum.    




 


Unfortunately, walking through the buildings and stopping to study all of the displays did not agree with my back. For me, I took an amazingly few pictures. We’ll have to go back another day.

There was so much more to see in the town. I’ll share more next time. 

No comments: