Wednesday, August 14, 2019

McLain State Park from Sun Up to Sun Down – 2019 Camping Post #1

    It seems so long ago already that Hubby, Dino and I were camping at our favorite place in Michigan’s U.P. I feel as if another vacation has gone by in a blur and I haven’t been able to entrench it in my mind. Perhaps that is why I take so many pictures. Also why I appreciate the internet more each day.

 And away we go. 
 I saw this in a restroom at a gas station on the Wisconsin/Michigan border. I know that by “above” they mean heaven. But it could be up above in the U.P. 
 Been camping at McLain State Park since the early seventies. Wow, so probably forty-five years.
 Camp is set up. Dino is settled in. And the refrigerator didn’t work. Oh, well, that’s minor.
 Sunrise the first morning.
 Sadly, the park has had major erosion issues over the last few years.
 They’ve lost quite a few sites since I started going there.
 Two years ago, they had to build a new bathroom and last year they took out a whole section of trees to put in more campsites further from the lake.  Can you believe I didn’t get any pictures of that?
 Dino settled in again, this time in my bed. 
 Campfire.
 Making s’mores.
 Can you believe they make marshmallows just for that now?
 Sunset over Lake Superior. I think I could share an entire post of the sunset pictures from that night. Maybe another time.

No comments: