Wednesday, August 7, 2019

The Last Photo

 Recently I’ve written and shared four blog posts chronicling a few tidbits from a quick trip Hubby and I took to the southern part of the state in June. As always, I included a lot of the pictures I took.

 Here is the last picture from that trip. 
 You probably think I’ve totally lost my mind this time. But first look back over those Wednesday and Friday posts for the last two weeks and really study some of those pictures. Argh! In so many of them all I can see is this huge blemish right down the middle. (I didn’t share the really obvious ones.)  

 I first noticed this fault in my camera during the winter.
 Snow really makes it standout, as do zoomed in shots.  
 I tried cleaning it, but it appears that a hair has gotten inside, between the lenses somehow. I did some research on-line as to how much it would cost to have it repaired. The dollar figure came to almost half what the camera cost in the first place when I bought it four years ago.

 So, on the way home back in June, we stopped at the camera store in Madison where I bought my first Nikon Coolpix many years ago. They gave me the same answer I had already discovered – something inside the lens, which would require sending the camera in to be taken apart and it wouldn’t be cheap.

 The solution? I bit the bullet and bought a new Nikon. Comparing the two, for me, it was worth it.  
Old camera
New camera
 That being said, is there anyone out there who would like to take the old Nikon Coolpix 9900 with a 30x zoom and all kinds of other features off my hands? I’d like to get a few bucks out of it. I mean, it still works well and is in good shape. I just can’t get past that hair, or whatever it is.


No comments: