Wednesday, August 21, 2019

In With The Old - 2019 Camping Post #4

     My post on Monday was about going on a quest to see new things in Michigan’s UP. Today, it was more about revisiting the old.

 Our first stop was this little park in Ahmeek. 
 Been here before, but who can resist stopping to take too many pictures of pretty flowers. 
 Especially these roses, which were fake. I couldn’t put my mind around that. 
 This is the cemetery coming into Copper Harbor. 
 I hadn’t thought I’d been there before. But the more I walked around, the more I started getting flashbacks to exploring it with my sister Pat back in the eighties. 
 While there, I decided to play with some of the features on my camera.  
 Really, Chris? You couldn’t have played around taking pictures of the flowers in Ahmeek? Instead, you take twelve pictures of the same headstone using all your camera’s settings? 
 Then there’s the obligatory visit to Fort Wilkins. 
 Note the authentic nineteenth-century painters’ tape. 
 Copper Harbor Lighthouse.  
 What makes lighthouses so fascinating and romantic?
 Then there is simply Lake Superior. So many pictures, and I don’t think I even used any of my camera’s fancy settings. No need to. 
 The freighters are almost as captivating as lighthouses. Perhaps that’s because of Gordon Lightfoot’s haunting tune.
 A quick picture of me and the boys. And that’s it for today. 

No comments: