Sunday, August 11, 2019

Where My Feet Go


 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways. Proverbs 4:26 (New International Version)

You’d have to look back over a long list of blog posts about the Green Lake Christian Conference Center for all the pictures of my feet that I’ve taken there. I think they all show my legs stretched out before me, toes pointing towards Green Lake.

When I was at the conference center this weekend for a writers’ reunion, I didn’t take the time to sit along the lake in quiet reflection. Instead, these feet were taking me on the usual walks around the grounds. And my hands were snapping the usual wide array of pictures.

I wonder though from the above Bible verse if our feet have taken us to places we shouldn’t go. For me, that would be places where I could buy ice cream and other goodies which aren’t good for me physically and are emotionally my addiction.

There are the obvious places we shouldn’t go. But what about walking over to a friend to tell them some gossip you heard about their boyfriend. Or walking up to a co-worker to tell them about their work ethic you don’t agree with.

Just like our eyes, ears and mouths, our feet can get us in trouble too.

Lord, God, watch over my steps today and lead me where you would have me go. Amen.

No comments: