Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Weekend Project - you know how those go

   When you do things, do not let selfishness or pride be your guide. Instead, be humble and give more honor to others than to yourselves. Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others. (Philippians 2:3-4, New Century Version)

Last night, I asked Hubby what I should blog about today. He said that I should write about the project we worked on this weekend – putting rubber tiles on the floor of our storage shed.

I’m not sure what Hubby wanted me to say. Because he surely didn’t want me to tell you about all the heated discussions we had. Or that I completely quit halfway through, claiming that my hands hurt too much to continue, which was only partially true. I just couldn’t stay in that hot, dark shed any longer!

The packaging and even the video I found for installing these tiles made it look ridiculously easy. Just place them on the floor and snap them together. Right! In whose world?

I know that the uneven floor is mostly to blame, but that still doesn’t explain why some of the tiles snapped right together and others just said, “no, not doing it.” Or why, when measuring the edges, some how this metal shed which is just over a year old isn’t even square. Or maybe it’s just because, before we even got started, I clonked my head on the doorway. Remember, I’m short? How could I ever run into anything overhead?

Then when I sat down to write this and brought up the BibleGateway website, the verse above was the verse for the day. Hmm? Maybe it’s not just about my head, or my aching fingers, or my sore back. Maybe it’s about Hubs too, at least a little bit, about his bad back and his aching knees and his allergies kicking up in the confined space.

Lord, God, forgive me for my selfishness, forgive me for my impatience, forgive me for my short temper. And thank You so much for a patient, selfless husband. Amen.

Oh, and P.S., God, can you keep Hubby from reading this? Thanks 😉

No comments: