Wednesday, September 29, 2021

A Quick Tour of Iron Mountain – Blog Post #11 Camping in Michigan

After I had thoroughly explored that new waterfall Wednesday morning, July 14, Hubby and I drove over to Iron Mountain, Michigan.

I’m not sure if it’s one of those occupational hazards, but working in healthcare, I only feel as if Iron Mountain is known for its Veterans Administration Medical Center. Which is on East H Street; I know because I mail them things and I think that is such a dumb name for a street. (And yes, there are A through I streets.)

Anyway, I digress. The city of Iron Mountain is also home to the Dickinson County Courthouse.

A beautiful old building – as all courthouses should be.



A random old house. I can’t remember just where it was in Iron Mountain.  

The Menominee Range Museum, which was closed due to COVID.


But that didn’t stop me from walking around outside, taking pictures.

Believe it or not, Lydia’s Clothing Store was right across the street, in this beautiful church. I don’t know why I didn’t step inside. Stupid COVID still has me gun-shy about going in unfamiliar places. My research on this building came up empty, but I’m still working on it.

By then, it was time to get serious about finding someplace to eat lunch. On my internet search of the city, I had found an interesting place, which I will tell you about next time, but on the road to get there, we came across this little mining memorial.

Next to Chapin Mine Lake.

You’ll need to be sure to come back on Friday to see where the road past that small park led.


 For more information:

            The Iron Mountain VA - https://www.ironmountain.va.gov/about/index.asp

Dickinson County Courthouse - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickinson_County_Courthouse_and_Jail

The Menominee Range Museum - https://menomineemuseum.com/mrhmuseum

No comments: