Friday, September 3, 2021

Canyon Falls, then and now - Blog Post #4 Camping in Michigan

June of 1980 was the first time I visited Canyon Falls, on Hwy 41, ten miles south of L’Anse, Michigan. I don’t know where those pictures went, but luckily my sister Pat and I went back the following year. I’ve been there a few more times over the years and it never gets old. Except that there are still always more people on the trail than I would want, even if this year one nice lady did take our picture. 




First of the now and thens. Above is this year, below is forty years ago. Forty years! Hard to believe. And no, I'm not sure this is the exact same spot, only the same river. 


Above from July 2021, below from July 1981. I believe the one below is where I dropped the lens cap from my 35 mm camera and squawked, "oh, crap!". Pat thought I had slipped or something and was relieved it wasn't anything more important. Until I had to stretch over the edge to reach the cap. Then she was like, let it go!

Above (now) and below (then), I'm pretty sure are not the same spot, but the trees still kinda look the same - growing out of the rock, somehow. 
No matter how many pictures I take, though, or how poor the quality now is from those old ones, I still love looking at them and reliving the memories. 



No comments: