Friday, February 2, 2024

A Minor Inconvenience

 A couple of weeks ago, when we still had snow on the ground, I was expecting a package. Our mail hadn’t been coming until 5 pm or later, so I walked down to check the mailbox just as it was getting dark. 

When I reached the end of our long driveway, a car was coming from the west. I sighed and waited for it to pass before crossing the road. Then, I walked across the road and looked in the mailbox. Empty. So, I sighed again. 

But just then, a car came around the corner to the east, and I recognized our mail lady’s vehicle. 

She pulled up, handed me our mail (but no package), and said, “That was good timing.” 

Good timing, only because that other car drove by; otherwise, I would have been almost back up to the house. 

The point is you never know when a minor inconvenience will work in your favor. So don’t complain when things don’t go as smoothly as you had wanted. They will go smoothly when they are supposed to. 

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28, New Living Translation)


No comments: