Sunday, February 18, 2024

My Father's House

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.”

“No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

In 1993, the Christian rock band Audio Adrenaline released the song "Big House". Some of the lyrics are "Come and go with me, To my Father's house. It's a big, big house, With lots and lots a room." 

In fact, God's house – the one in heaven and not here on earth today – is more than big enough for everyone alive now or who has ever been alive. And He wants everyone to live in His house one day. 

Don't miss out on that! God offers us a fantastic invitation, and you'll want to live there with all the other believers.  

And as far as the answer to Thomas's question, I answered that last week, so you'll have to go back to last Sunday. But hopefully, you already know the answer. 

(I was trying to find the official music video of "Big House" to share with you, but didn't have much luck. You'll have to do your own internet search for it; the song has an upbeat sound which will get stuck in your head, and the words are easy to remember.)

No comments: