Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Way, the Truth, the Life

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve tried to commit these Bible verses to memory – Proverbs 19:21, Romans 12:12, and Matthew 11:28. They are in my head for now, but I think I will have to keep refreshing that old mind of mine.

Here’s another verse many of us are familiar with:

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!” (John 14:6-7, New Living Translation)

I included verse 7, not to memorize, but because I read through this entire chapter of John 14 and thought it contained some good stuff. Okay. I know – the entire Bible contains lots of good stuff. But this Wednesday we begin Lent and every Sunday in Lent, I’ve tried to write a series of blog posts around one theme. This year it will be this chapter from the book of John.   

No comments: