Sunday, July 8, 2012

Do you get the Message?


May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14 New International Version 

I missed our Fourth of July parade again this year. Because it just is not that exciting for me, I miss it many years. And this year it was especially hot and humid besides. I much rather be at my quiet country estate on such days.

I did volunteer for a few hours at a fundraiser for Kinship, but by noon it was time for this chick to go home. Before heading to the car, I swung by our church where they were selling brats to support our youth program. I tend to support positive youth programs whenever I can.

With brats in hand to take home to the hubby, I next ventured down the street to the cheese curd stand. As I crossed the street heading away from our church, the chimes in the bell tower began playing. Just then I passed a little girl, maybe four or five years old, and she asked her daddy, “Why is that music playing?”

I slowed my pace. I wanted to hear what Dad was going to say.

“So that when people hear that music they remember that Jesus loves them.”

Yes, Dad, you nailed it! I wanted to stop and give this total stranger a high-five. Instead I kept walking down the side walk, a foolish grin on my face.

That simple response made my whole day. What a blessing that there are still people out there who get the Message and share it with their kids. 

No comments: