Sunday, July 29, 2012

Get Focused



Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. Mark 8:25 New International Version (NIV)

In 1980 I bought a bulky 35 mm SLR camera. Everything on it was totally manual, which meant I could let in as much or as little light as I wanted, I could set the exposure however I wanted (coz sometimes pictures look cool when they are slightly blurry) and I could focus on whatever I wanted.

In 2005 I got an inexpensive but workable digital camera, and then last year I got a little bit better digital. It has taken me a while to figure it out, but I am happy with most of my results. I still sometimes miss the old heavy SLR.

Sometimes, it takes a little work to get things in focus. It doesn’t always just happen. I was so excited to see this iron ore freighter on Lake Superior last week, and even more excited that my new camera was able to zoom out that far. But I forgot to pay attention to where the camera was focused.



Ah, I got it right on the second try.
  
When things seem blurry in our lives, when things are out of focus, we need to turn to God. Sometimes it doesn’t come naturally and sometimes we have to make adjustments, but once we focus on God, our troubles don’t seem so troubling. We know we can get through another day. 

No comments: