Sunday, November 11, 2012

More Remembering


Get ready to fight, you and the whole company that’s been called out. Take charge and wait for orders. After a long time, you’ll be given your orders. In the distant future you’ll arrive at a country that has recovered from a devastating war. People from many nations will be gathered there on the mountains of Israel, for a long time now a wasteland. These people have been brought back from many countries and now live safe and secure. You’ll rise like a thunderstorm and roll in like clouds and cover the land, you and the massed troops with you. Ezekiel 38:7-9 The Message

As often happens, I’ve had many “God moments” again this week. I’ve been blessed with constant inspiration from above and sometimes I sit at the computer, hands on the keyboard, not knowing which of many things I should write about.

While going through my e-mail this morning, I read a blog post which reminded me what today was. November 11. Veteran’s Day. I wrote a post a while back in memory of my cousin Ben who died in Vietnam. What our veterans have done for our country, for our freedoms is staggering. Unless we have been in those battlefields, carried a weapon, slogged through mud and death how can we begin to fathom the sacrifices made for us.

Pause today and remember the men and women who have given so much, have given their lives so we can have our freedoms. Praise God that we don’t have to worship Him in secret, that we can meet on Sunday mornings in His house without fear.

Thank you Lord, for letting me live in a country where my freedom is guaranteed and thank you for all the men and women who have fought for that freedom. Let me not take that for granted. Amen

No comments: