Sunday, October 12, 2014

Psalm 1

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the one who obeys the law of the Lord.
    He doesn’t follow the advice of evil people.
He doesn’t make a habit of doing what sinners do.
    He doesn’t join those who make fun of the Lord and his law.
2 Instead, he takes delight in the law of the Lord.
    He thinks about his law day and night.
3 He is like a tree that is planted near a stream of water.
    It always bears its fruit at the right time.
Its leaves don’t dry up.
    Everything godly people do turns out well. 
(New International Reader's Version)
I know that I have whined about this in the past, but I mean it this time. I AM SO BUSY! Yes, I know I do this to myself, and I know that sometimes I need to sit back and ask, “Lord, is this really what You want me to be doing?” He really does occasionally say to me, “No, Christine, this is not what I want you to be doing.” But in general, I get the feeling that He wants me to figure out my own boundaries.


So here is my boundary through the end of the year – Keep It Simple! Which means, taking all the beautiful Bible verses I run across and just posting them here, without spending two hours writing witty commentary. God’s got it all covered. There really isn’t much for me to add anyway. 

(The picture is of the swamp in my yard. It never has water in it by the end of summer, which is an indication of how wet our summer has been. It also doesn't have any trees bearing fruit along its banks. But remember, I'm not dwelling on this, just pulling up the picture that is closest at hand which has some sort of relevance.) 

1 comment:

Denise said...

AMEN,Chris!!! Maybe we need to keep each other "in check" on keeping things simple.