Friday, April 17, 2015

Fitness Friday

I have a lot of nerve titling this post “Fitness Friday”, when I just polished off a bag of peanut M & M’s. I could let you believe that since I received this bag as a Christmas present I maintained so much control that it took this long to finish it, rationing out only a few a day. In reality, this was a belated Christmas present I received just after Lent started. I practiced restraint, giving up chocolate for Lent, and by then I had forgotten about said bag. Once I opened it last week, there was little rationing going on. One last confession I should make is that there was actually two full bags at one time.  

So now you’ve heard my confession. Onto the point at hand.

I’ve been wanting to write a series of articles on getting healthy. Nothing too deep or serious, just my thoughts on ways to eat better, lose some weight, get in shape. I’m not an expert on these things, but having worked in the medical field for nearly 30 years, I have seen enough to have some reasonable ideas and reasonable expectations. 

I also want to share with you how my own personal slug-to-5K training is coming along. It’s a lot to look forward to, but you will have to wait. Watch for Wellness Wednesdays coming soon!

No comments: