Sunday, April 19, 2015

Psalm 124 and the ride of a lifetime

1 What if the Lord had not been on our side?
    (Let Israel repeat this.)
2 What if the Lord had not been on our side
    when men attacked us?
3 When they were angry with us,
    they would have swallowed us alive.
4 They would have been like a flood drowning us.
    They would have poured over us like a river.
5     They would have swept us away like a mighty stream.
6 Praise the Lord. He did not let them chew us up.
7 We have escaped like a bird from the hunter’s trap.
The trap has been broken, and we have escaped.
8 Our help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 124, International Children’s Bible 


My husband and I took a ride up north yesterday. We’ve always been in love with Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, and have been to Black River Harbor many times. We have never seen anyone kayaking down the Black River though, at least not over the falls. This is Sandstone Falls, one of the shorter ones. All nine kayakers made it through. I don’t know if my praying was the key or not. All I know is that even though God has my back every minute of every day, you will not catch me participating in this sport.



1 comment:

Susan Marlene said...

Wonderful scripture and I'm sure your prayers were working to help this person! Me too, me too! I'd never enter this sport! Bless you Chris!