Sunday, June 7, 2015

be anxious for nothing

Here are a few more Proverbs for your enjoyment and enhancement! All are taken from the 12th chapter using the New International Version of the Bible.

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
    but whoever hates correction is stupid.

The Bible doesn’t pull punches and isn’t afraid of being politically incorrect. Let’s just call stupid people stupid.

A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown,
    but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

I can totally picture a hen-pecked husband, perhaps a husband from a sit-com who has an overbearing yet lazy wife. She sucks the life right out of him.

The righteous care for the needs of their animals,
    but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

It always makes me smile to think that God is a proponent for animals. If He cares about them, He certainly cares about all of us.

Anxiety weighs down the heart,
    but a kind word cheers it up.

I know so many anxious people. Every day, at my job in the medical field, I have patients tell me their blood pressure will be elevated. “Why do you say that?” I ask. “Because it always is,” they answer me sincerely. To which I tell them to go to their happy place, take a deep breath and just relax. Don’t let your worries weigh you down. Just think happy thoughts. 

Which reminds me of this verse.

 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6,New King James Version)

No comments: