Monday, June 1, 2015

Congratulations, Graduates.

Thirty-five years ago on June 1, I walked across the stage in the gym of THS and received my high school diploma. Shortly prior to that, I was up on that stage as the salutatorian giving the salutatory speech. I don’t know if I still have it around here somewhere or not, but the gist of it was that we are learning from the moment we are born until we take our last breath. And the culmination of a high school education is just the tip of the ice berg. Or some sort of rambling thing like that. How many different takes can there be on a graduation speech?

So, here I am in our front yard that morning with faithful Mac.
 Me with Lori and Brenda. Lori was the valedictorian, who gave the valedictory. (Where do they come up with those words? Or better yet, the mortarboard hats?) 


Congratulations to all of this year’s graduates!

No comments: