Tuesday, March 15, 2016

At the Willow

Two years ago I came up with the clever idea to walk every street in my hometown and to document those streets here. I kept up with it for a while, but then life got in the way and I have been remiss in walking those streets. Of course, our long cold winters tend to keep me inside. Or at least use that as an excuse. This winter has been exceptionally mild and I need to get back to blogging about little Tomahawk. I’m keeping some dates open on my calendar in the coming months for just such a reason.

Since I haven’t quite made it out on those mean streets yet, I thought I would at least start with a little teaser.

Last Friday was remarkably warm and sunny for early March. When Hubby got home from work a little before three, we decided to take a ride. We drove north of town and up Highway Y out of Bradley. It had been quite a while since we had been out to the Willow. Hubby didn’t think he had ever been there, but I jarred his memory a bit. He stilled only recalled one trip.

Years before we met, I had taken a ride on the Wilderness Queen as part of a family caper. A not-so-fond memory was of crossing the dam. All those years ago, it was a narrow one-lane road over the dam and my active imagination pictured the whole dam collapsing under our vehicle.

But enough of my talk. I don’t mean to brag, but the pictures I took are pretty great. It wasn’t me or my camera. It was just the beautiful day and amazing place.








No comments: