Sunday, November 20, 2016

Giving Thanks this Week


 I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
    I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
    I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
 (Psalm 9:1-2 New International Version)

With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I thought I would share some passages from the Bible in which the authors gave thanks to God. I suspected I would run into a long list of passages. Even concentrating only on the Book of Psalms, I came across 20 verses and a few chapters which were just about giving thanks. Which if you know anything about the Book of Psalms, makes sense.

With that in mind, I am going to give thanks each day this week for a gift I have received from God. Today, I am thankful for His Word and the precious gift of the Bible. 

 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
     Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
 Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.
(Psalm 100 New International Version)

No comments: