Sunday, April 2, 2017

Parable of the Mustard Seed

I am writing this prior to leaving for Kenya and planning on it posting on my blog while I am gone. I hope that works and you read this on schedule.

Every time I go to Africa, it is in great hopes of doing great things. This parable reminds me that even the smallest thing can become great. But also, it’s not me that makes anything turn out right; it is only through the grace of God.

The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast (Matthew 13, New International Version)

31 He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”


33 He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.”

No comments: