Thursday, September 21, 2017

Fall Vacation, Day 1

I’m so sorry that I haven’t blogged in so long. Other times, when I’ve been on vacation or out of town for more than a day or two, I plan ahead – and write ahead – so that my blogs can post even when I don’t have internet. This time, I even had internet access (most of the time at least), but I just didn’t get my act together before we left home last Saturday. I had decided that I was going to have an actual vacation for the first time in I don’t know how long and spend four days unconnected. It didn’t really turn out that way, but oh, well, some of me unconnected.

The good news is now I have lots of material to share. (Good for me at least, you will have to let me know if it works out for you or not.)

Saturday, Hubby and I headed off to Minnesota to attend the Renaissance Festival for the umpteenth time. I was going to look back through my records and see just how many times I’ve been there, but you’ll have to trust me – it’s somewhere between seven and twelve. I think I am going to have to keep going to it and continue writing about it until I remember how to spell it. Renasaince? No. Reneasunce? No. Renasanince? No. Didn’t you already try it that way? Don’t know what I would do without spell check.

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early in our dumpy hotel room in Chaska, Minnesota, jumped in the car and off we went. We hadn’t come up on the Festival Grounds from Chaska before, so as we were heading to the usual route a sign popped up pointing us in a different direction. I was naturally nervous, coz that’s what I do – fret over everything.

We ended up at the Queen’s Gate instead of the King’s Gate. Worked out all right I guess, as we parked three rows from the gate and there were easily a thousand less people waiting to get in this gate as opposed to the main gate.
 I love all the buildings throughout the grounds. So cool. 
 Here are the King and the Queen, with their random servants. A little different from kings and queens of today, except maybe for the entourage.
 I love this picture of the Queen with this adorable little girl.  
 These guys are the Danger Committee. Reynaldo, Bald Guy and Other Guy. Hysterical.
 And talented.
 Crazy guys too.
 More of the fascinating buildings.
 Met a new friend. He is a native of Minnesota and quite a sweetie.
 The full-armor joust is always cool, even if it is totally staged.
 Whatcha gonna do. Try to get the best pictures you can, I guess.
 Like this one. Look at those horses’s hooves off the ground. Thank you again to the Hubby for my camera.
 Last thing before we left, we went through the Fairy Garden.
  A calming place. 
 But didn’t relax me quite this much. But close.
Next time, I’ll be posting here about our trip down the road from there. 

No comments: