Friday, September 8, 2017

Flashback Friday - Life Back in the Day

Last weekend, when I opened another one of the boxes of Mom’s old pictures, I was greeted with this old photo album. Inside were pages of snapshots from the thirties and forties. All very fascinating, some labeled and some not. I haven’t gotten all of them scanned into my computer yet, but they are all dear to my heart.

I chose these six photos today with the theme of life back in the day. The subjects aren’t posed or at least not in the conventional way. The people in these shots are just out living life, a sometimes-hard life at that time. But still they found time to have fun. And somehow found the resources to record their lives on film. Which I especially appreciate. 
 This one was dated 1939. That's my grandma (my mom's mom) on the right. The back of the photo says the lady on the left was Della B. Not sure who that was, but she could put some meat on her bones. That's quite the stack of wood they are stacking wearing their dresses.
 Not sure who this is either. Maybe some family member seeing this will recognize her. There was always musical talent on my dad's side of the family.
 Also not sure who this was, but since my dad drove school bus in the 40s, I suspect that was him in the driver's seat.
 This was from around 1942 and features my cousin Florence feeding the chickens. Isn't that adorable?
 This one was dated 1942. Any of you from our old neighborhood remember when Hay Creek flooded many a spring? For those of you not from the 'hood, see the road going up the hill in the upper right hand corner? Our house was half way up that hill.
That's my mom on the right, not sure who her friend is. Aren't they adorable?

No comments: