Monday, September 2, 2019

A Ramble and a Farewell - 2019 Camping Post #9

     I once again feel the need to apologize as I still haven’t finished writing about our camping trip to Michigan’s UP in July. After eight posts already, I don’t have much to add, but I feel like I should at least give you a tidy ending to the trip instead of just moving on.

 Friday morning, our last full day at McLain, I got up early enough to catch a little of the sunrise. 
 Then, after pancakes for breakfast, we took another drive. Found a new beach for Dino, at Eagle River. But he wasn’t impressed. 
 I can’t say I was super-impressed with the flowers, but enough so that I got a picture. 
 The lighthouse at Eagle Harbor. We took a tour of it a couple years ago, taking turns with one of us staying outside with Dino. We do that a lot, but my baby’s worth it. (What movie was that from?) (Oh, I know, “Independence Day”.)
 The beach at Eagle Harbor. Overturned canoes on the lakeshore are always picturesque. Notice the German Shepherd in the water? 
 Holy Redeemer Church in Eagle Harbor. Should I have shared the closeup of the sign so you could read all about it? Am I getting lazy by not typing it here for you? 
 Copper Falls Roadside Park. Looks like there should be water here, but there wasn’t. And you would think by the name of the park, that there was a waterfall nearby, but there wasn’t.
 A boat on a quiet Lake Superior. Just being at peace with the world. I might be a little off sometimes, but Lake Superior always brings my head back to where it belongs. 
 Speaking of belonging. What can one say about a family of ducks crossing the road!
 You can say that they were on their way to the Canal Run. I wish I could run, that my feet weren’t shot, I’d start training to run this event next year.   
 And that’s it, folks. Another camping trip in the books, or at least in my laptop and now on the world wide web. I guess it’s appropriate as today is Labor Day, the last official day of the summer vacation season. Have a safe day and a good week.

No comments: