Sunday, September 8, 2019

Thankful for Dry Ground


 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.
 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
    for I hide myself in you.
 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
    lead me on level ground.
Psalm 143:8-10 (New International Version)

 I haven’t shared a Sunday inspirational post for almost a month, as I’ve been so busy writing about all the ground I have traveled over this summer. But I woke up this morning and thought, it’s time.

 Looking at this picture, I’m reminded that sometimes when we haven’t been led to level ground, that at least God sends us a dry boardwalk. When I took this picture, I had just slogged through a muddy swamp which hadn’t been blest by a walkway. Or actually, it was because we have been blessed with abundant rain this summer and the people who built that trail hadn’t planned for that much moisture. I was thankful to meet up with the boardwalk again.

Thank You, Lord, for sending us to dry, level ground in our time of need. Amen.

No comments: