Friday, February 4, 2022

Door County, October 2021, post #1

Looking back, I see that I blogged on three different occasions about how I’ve always wanted to travel to Cambodia, how I was ready to make that dream a reality, and how Covid19 squashed those plans.

Two years ago, my friend Denise and I started making plans to go in the Fall of 2020. When that didn’t happen, I went to a cabin up north with the family that week to make up for my disappointment. Denise and I hoped to take that trip in the Fall of 2021. And it fell through again. We thought about changing our plans to another trip to Kenya, but a month before, we realized Covid was still mucking with us. I really needed something special to make up for that disappointment.

I’d already been approved for vacation the middle two weeks of October. I didn’t have a lot of time to plan, but I made things happen.

The first week, my friend Denise and I went to Wisconsin’s Door County for two days. We packed a lot into that time. 

First stop – Cave Point County Park.

 Very remarkable place. And I think we were there on the perfect day – cloudy and dreary with a bit of a breeze, but temps near 70. Which all made the waves crashing into the rocky shoreline totally awesome. Beyond words.







Traveling partners in our flannel.


Hope you can watch the video. It still doesn’t come close to how cool this place was.

For more information, click these links -



No comments: