Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Mirror Lake and Dear Wesley, October 2, 2021

 Here it is the second day in February, and I’m getting the Wanderlust, planning all sorts of trips for the coming year, anxious for Spring, and just wanting to jump in the car and go. Can’t wait to get Carlton the camper out of storage, just to sit inside it and dream.

Or reflect on all the road trips I took last Fall. I can’t believe that I ran out of time writing about all the places I explored in October. So here we are, with nothing but time until the snow melts.

The weekend of October 2, 2021, my son and a group of his friends went camping at Mirror Lake State Park near Wisconsin Dells. The state park hosted the 6th Annual S’more Fun Trail Run to raise money, and Nick and his friends signed up to walk or run it (some of his friends are more in shape than others). He asked if I wanted to join them, to either walk the route or just hang out at their campsite. The forecast was for unseasonably warm weather, so I thought I’d drive down for just the day.

                            

Well, when I got there, the plan was actually to have me dog-sit his pup Wesley, so they could all do the walk. I was fine with that, and my grandpuppy and I did catch up with them on the trail and walk a bit with them, until photo ops caused me to veer off course.





 Wes and I did walk most of one of the routes. I wasn’t sure where I was at this point, so glad there were signs.



And as already mentioned, it was unseasonably warm that day. In the low 70s, by ten in the morning, and 77 when I left around three.

We all had a good day. Unfortunately, it was about the time when the bone cancer in Wesley’s skull was becoming more noticeable. The poor, sweet baby. I’m thankful I had that good day to spend with him. You’ll get to read about one more later, but there are many more adventures for me to write about first.


No comments: