Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Too Many Pictures? Or not nearly enough? Door County, Post #6

     I can’t put my head around the idea of sharing any of my trips in a single blog post, with a handful of pictures and stories. Am I an oddball for finding wonder in each stop on a new road, for wanting to capture the simplest thing – a church, a rock or a broken branch? Or, for some crazy reason, am I just full of child-like fascination? I apologize if I bore you. But if you aren’t able to go on adventures or if you are wondering where you can find a new adventure – well, that’s what I’m here for.

Anyway, on my post last Friday, I told you about our ferry ride to Washington Island. I wish I could tell you how many blog posts it’s going to take me to show you everything I want to. I mean, I took nearly 800 pictures during that two-day vacation in early October. Half of them must have been on Washington Island.

Ok, but this is clearly not getting them posted.

First stop, was the Art and Nature Museum, which was closed for the season. But the great thing is that there is always art in nature.


Next was Jacobsen Museum, which was also closed, except that half the exhibits were outdoors, so readily viewed.


 





Here’s one of the reasons I get along so well with my friend who joined me on this trip.

Note the sawhorse in front of the door of this little cabin on the Jacobsen Museum grounds.

My friend was like, “no, that has to go.” So we set the sawhorse aside just long enough to get a more genuine picture of the cabin, and then, yes, put it right back.

Unto Boyer’s Bluff.

Oh, what a view if it hadn’t been so cloudy.

Schoolhouse Beach.


I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t a schoolhouse, but this was the location of the first log school house on the Island in 1850.

And it was only 11:00 in the morning. So much more to see that day.  

For more information: 

Art and Nature Center - https://wianc.org/our-history

Jacobsen Museum - https://washingtonisland.com/the-jacobsen-museum-full-of-surprises/

Schoolhouse Beach - https://washingtonisland.com/school-house-beach/

More on the Beach - https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wisconsin/beach-unlike-any-other-wi/


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy reading of your adventures to many places I will probably never get to. Thanks.
G