Friday, February 18, 2022

Ferry Ride, Door County, Post #5

Tuesday of our short trip to Door County, my friend and I were up early and heading to the Washington Island Ferry. On the way, we had to stop for pictures of one of the most photographed roads in the state, perhaps the nation.

Which may have been part of why we missed the 8 am ferry, arriving just in time to watch it sail away. No worry, we were first in line for the 9 am.

The temperature was 63 degrees when we left the mainland, but with thick cloud cover and a stiff breeze on Lake Michigan, it felt much colder. But not so cold that I didn’t ride on the upper deck the whole way to the island.

So I could take way too many pictures.


After five hours of exploring Washington Island, we caught the 3:00 ferry back to the mainland. 
We didn’t want to chance missing the last ferry at 4.

It wasn’t quite as dreary on the return trip. I had to force myself to not take pictures of the same sites I had captured on the way over. 



Next time, you get to see all the places we visited on that short day on the island. 

Take the ferry yourself - https://wisferry.com/

No comments: