Friday, September 9, 2022

Camping at Pattison, Overview, post #1

 I’m not really feeling much like writing this blog post today. I rather continue scrolling online through articles about Queen Elizabeth. We all knew she had to pass away sometime; she was 96 years old, after all. But somehow, with everything we have all gone through in the last few years, all the people we have lost, we thought that the Queen would always be there, with her bright eyes and mischievous grin.

I was all reflective and deep here on Wednesday. I just can’t do that to you again, today, can I?

We went camping for the last time this year the week of August 8, only for four nights this time. We stayed at Pattison State Park, way up at the top of Wisconsin, just south of Superior.

Hubby and I drove through the park years ago when we stayed in a hotel in Superior for a few days. Before that, my sister Pat, my two kids, and I camped at nearby Amnicon Falls State Park one time and drove over to the falls at Pattison. It is a nice park; I don’t know why we’ve never stayed there before.

It’s a beautiful part of the state, isolated and full of those waterfalls I love. But I’ll stop right there because I’m starting to feel philosophical again.

Here is a quick overview of the trip. More pictures, along with their stories, to come next week. 

Interfalls Lake, at Pattison State Park 

At our campsite 

Eskolin Log Cabin near Cutter

At Amnicon Falls State Park

Orienta Falls, near Port Wing

A ship out on Lake Superior. As many times as I've seen them on Lake Superior,
they still always fascinate me.  

Heritage Hall at School Memorial Park in Port Wing

Bayfield County Courthouse in Washburn

Fairlawn Mansion in Superior

How's that for an overview? So very much more to share. 


No comments: