Sunday, September 11, 2022

Peace in Times of Trouble


    “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, New International Version)

One week ago, I read about the attack at the Munich Olympics fifty years ago. Many of you might not remember that; some of you hadn’t been born. I remember it well and remember that it scared me. You can look up the details of the attack yourself, but it was labeled as the first major international act of terrorism. 

Today we remember the 9/11 attacks of 2001. But how many people have died before then and since then? How many senseless acts of terrorism have affected us all? How many children have been killed on the grounds of their own schools? How many innocent men and women have died because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time? And where is God in all of this?

God is with us, from the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun and through all hours of darkness. He sent His Son to be our Savior, to carry us home when our time has come.

God has got this. He is bigger than all of our problems and all of our disagreements. He will never leave us. But we have to believe in Him and surrender our lives to Him.

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27, NIV)

No comments: