Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Orienteering at Orienta Falls, Pattison Camping post #4


When I think of all the waterfalls I’ve been to in northern Wisconsin and Michigan’s UP, I’m always amazed when I find a new one.

Orienta Falls is actually at the site of the Orienta Dam, south of Hwy 13 and Lake Superior on Orienta Falls Road. There’s a small parking area with an overlook to the falls, but that’s mostly covered by trees.  

A narrow trail lures you into believing you’ll have an easy hike to the bottom of the ravine to view the waterfalls at ground level.


It was a challenge, but there is no challenge too great for me when there is a waterfall involved.

It was a very nice falls and worth the trek down to it.


But, you know me. Though we couldn’t view much of the falls from the parking lot, just across the river, we spied those white things.

Yes, chairs! Oh how cool if I could have gotten to the other side, which I’m pretty sure is privately owned.






 

No comments: