Sunday, September 25, 2022

How I Know There is a God

    “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.” (Jeremiah 17:7, New Living Translation)

A week from today, I leave for another trip to Kenya. This will be my seventh trip, and every time, a couple weeks or a month before I’m scheduled to get on that plane, things in my personal life go off the tracks. People get sick, pets get sick, I get sick, people die, plans fall through, I don’t even remember all the dumb or tragic things that have come up. And when it gets to be crunch time – like right now – I question whether or not I should even go.  

But this is how I know that there really is a God in heaven and that His Son, Jesus Christ, is my Savior. Because the devil causes all those bad things to happen, and even though God could stop those things, He knows that then my faith would not grow stronger. As soon as I step off that plane in Africa, my worries, my stresses, my sorrows all melt away. I am where God wants me to be. And no matter what Satan does, God will take care of me and my loved ones.

Thank You, LORD, God, for all that You do for me and those I care about. Be with us as we return to Kenya and bring us safely home. Amen

PS. With that being said, I don’t plan on posting here until I get home after October 17.  I’ll keep you all in my prayers, and I know you will reciprocate. And also, we don't plan on doing much, if any, volunteering this time. It's mostly going to be rest and relaxation. Coz after two and a half years of COVID, I think we deserve it. 

God bless, Chris



No comments: