Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Monday

When it was morning, the religious leaders of the people and the high priests and scholars all got together and brought him before their High Council. They said, "Are you the Messiah?"

He answered, "If I said yes, you wouldn't believe me. If I asked what you meant by your question, you wouldn't answer me. So here's what I have to say: From here on the Son of Man takes his place at God's right hand, the place of power."

They all said, "So you admit your claim to be the Son of God?"

"You're the ones who keep saying it," he said.

But they had made up their minds, "Why do we need any more evidence? We've all heard him as good as say it himself."

Then they all took Jesus to Pilate and began to bring up charges against him. Luke 22: 66 – Luke 23:2 (The Message Bible)

(In April of 2009 I took a volunteer trip to Ayacucho, Peru. All this week my pictures will be from there. Ayacucho is known for its many churches, so it dawned on me that these pictures might fit in well this week. Stayed tuned to my blog, as some day I will tell you all about this trip.)

No comments: