Sunday, July 3, 2011

A time to break down...

In 2006, as you probably know, I traveled to Kenya on a mission trip with my daughter and 13 others. Each day one of our team members was assigned to lead devotions. When it was my turn, I opened the Bible to Ecclesiastes 3 and was amazed that every line was something I had witnessed while in Africa. Over the next several weeks, I will be sharing those reflections in my Sunday blog.

A Time to break down and a Time to build up - Driving around the streets of Nairobi, there were so many vacant buildings. I couldn't tell if they were being built or waiting to be torn down.

A Time to weep and a Time to laugh - Many of our team members sponsor children through Compassion International and had the chance to meet these children on the trip. In Nairobi, Kari got to spend the day with her Compassion child, Wuzungu, who traveled from Mombasa via a 12-hour bus ride with a Compassion social worker. All language barriers were broken by laughter, and later on by watching Wuzungu eat ice cream for the first time ever.

No comments: