Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beauty of the Seasons

We got up early yesterday morning and headed to Minnesota for the weekend. In just a little while, my husband and I will be at the Renaissance Festival for a rollicking fun day. On the drive over yesterday, we horsed around a bit and took a few pictures (ok, around 40 pictures). I thought that Wisconsin had some beautiful autumn scenes, but I think our neighbors to the west could give us some competition.
I think that our God, the loving Father that he is, gives us the beautiful autumn leaves to help us cope with the reality of the cold dreary winter coming. Of course, He gives us beauty in every season, doesn't He?
Heavenly Father, thank you for the seasons. Thank you for giving us this amazing world that we live in. Remind us that the beauty we have with us now is only a shadow of the beauty we will find one day in our home in heaven. Amen

No comments: