Thursday, October 13, 2011

Try or Try Not


“Live, Love, Learn, Think, Give, Laugh, Try” John W. Gardener

When I was in high school, someone bought me a blank bound journal. They are very common now, but 35 years ago it was novel (if not a novel. Yet). Called an “anything book”, I filled it with inspiring quotations, poems, and song lyrics I ran across. Those were the days when you had to look in a book, maybe even go to the library, to find cool quotations. Those were the days.

Now, we can type anything into Google and get dozens of sayings on any subject. So I had to do a search of the above quote which is the first entry in my Journal. But alas, no results. Hmm? So either I totally made it up or I have more information than the World Wide Web.

A few years after I wrote the above words in my little red book, I heard I a quote containing the word “try” which I like much better. Didn’t have to look this one up on the web.

“Do, or do not. There is no try.” Yoda

No comments: