Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cat-titude

When I was putting things on one of my new bookshelves, I spied Betty sleeping innocently on the dog’s bed. She is the most laid back of our cats, so I couldn’t resist putting her on the shelf to see what she thought. In typical cat-titude she looked around and didn’t do much. “Hmm?” she said to herself. “This is ok, gives me a nice view of the room. I think I’ll stay.”

I confess that I am a cat lover. I admire their independence, but still each of our four cats has its own personality, its own way of thinking about us people and each other. I also am a dog lover, as you probably guessed just by the name of this blog.

What a great thing that we have our pets, whether cats, dogs, horses or rabbits. Or even birds. What a wonderful God we have to give us all the different animals just for our enjoyment.

Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. Genesis 2:19 New International Version

No comments: