Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gather up your flowers

 “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” 
Matthew 18:20 New International Version









Friday afternoon, my husband and I went to the greenhouse and bought the usual tomato plants and pansies. I thought this gerbera daisy was too pretty to pass up, even though I didn’t know where I would put him.








Then yesterday, we were at Home Depot and they had a whole bunch of gerbera daisies that looked so good together. The picture does not do it justice, because I was hurrying, fearing that store security would catch me and tell me that I couldn’t take pictures.

So, I had to buy some more of these cute little flowers.

Sometimes, as a Christian, I think I can do it alone, I don’t need to go to church, be with all those people. I read my Bible, I write an inspirational blog for Pete’s sake! I try to be kind to others, keep the commandments, etc., so sometimes I think that I don’t know the company of other Christians.

Just like these flowers, though, we need to stay connected with other believers. And not only for looks; we need the strength, knowledge and support that they can give us.



Wish my little gerberas luck!









No comments: