Sunday, September 9, 2012

What is loyalty?


A friend is always loyal. Proverbs 17:17a New Living Translation

My friend Phyllis was here last weekend. I try to get over to Minnesota to see her once a year, and she manages to come here a couple times a year. We talk on the phone once or twice a month. Whenever we are together, the fact that we really have little in common glares at me. But it doesn’t really matter, she is still my best friend.

Yesterday I hung out with two of my other best friends who I also only see a few times a year. We had such a good time, laughing and teasing each other. Remember Brewster, the cat I babysat for four months? Linda is his mommy and she leaves today for another job, this time in Iowa. Joy and I made plans to go down and see her later this fall.

My closest friends are the people I can turn to when I need someone, they make me laugh and they don’t care what I wear or how I look. They love me just the way I am, and that’s how I feel about them. I don’t need to see them or even talk to them every day. I know that they will be there for me when the chips are down. 
                                                 
Lord God, thank you for friends. Thank you for their support and guidance. And even more so thank You for being my friend too. Amen. 

No comments: