Monday, January 14, 2013

January poem #2



Another day of trying
Another day with lots of sighing
Another day to end up crying
Another day you feel like dying
You wonder when it all will end
You wonder how you can help this mend
That’s when you fall and stumble
When you feel lost and humble
There’s only one place left to go
That’s into the arms of your God and Lord.

A couple nights ago I woke up with someone singing the above lyrics in my head. Does anybody recognize these words? I really hate to steal them, but I thought I better check. I think that whoever that is who lives inside of my head wrote this and felt the urge to wake me at three am so that I could jot down the words. Too bad I don’t know how to write music or I would’ve written that down too, but the tune is lost forever. Or at least I hope it is because if I wake up another night with this in my head I will be seeking psychiatric help.

I think that most writers have been awakened in the night with a great scene from their book in their head, and they have to get up to write it down. Does anyone know if song writers wake up with new songs in their heads? Just wondering. 

6 comments:

Susan Marlene said...

Oh Chris, I don't recognize those words but I imagine so many people relate to them. I just love page 9 in your book. I'm further than that but WOW! My post that you put, "Beautiful." on was inspired by a song. I believe love is the answer. I believe love will find the way. I don't know the title... or maybe that is the title!! Very nice post and photo...thought provoking. I get more of my ideas when I'm day dreaming during the day or have my fingers pounding the keys. :)

Denise said...

While your wondering that & YES I do think song writers do. I want to wake up and remember where I put my diamond earrings, missing since Thanksgiving, I keep thinking if I just relax and NOT think about where they are, I will wake up and know where I put them. I have finally given up.

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Sue, you crack me up. You are such an inspiration. I loved your blog on love, but I think that maybe you were borrowing from two different songs - maybe, I don't know. I'm sorry that I couldn't make your meeting in Manitowoc last weekend. Maybe I need to take a road trip... and then I could go visit Denise, too. And Denise, hang in there, those earrings will show up. And save me a bed for March 1, ok? We can catch up then.

Dana said...

Hi Chris! I love your sense of humor. I think everyone can relate to these words. "Surrender" came to mind as I read. When you were writing your memoir, did you wake up at 3am with images, reflections and thoughts that decided to show itself at that special hour? What was your process for writing your book? Congrats!

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Thanks, Dana, for the comment. I wake up at 3 am with all kinds of things in my head. Right, Denise?

I actually started writing the book as blog entries. After I finished writing most of it that way, I put it away for awhile and then suddenly one night (probably at 3am) the idea for the chapter titles came to me and then I was able to put it all together in a way which I thought was kind of cool.

Denise said...

Chris: I will save you a spot, my plan is to arrive around 4.

To all others: Yes, Chris & I have roomed/traveled together for many years, she does always have thoughts running in her head, she even lets room-mates wake her up at 3 am (Royal Wedding, William & Kate)