Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where do you go when you are sick?


Those who help the poor succeed will get many blessings.
    When trouble comes, the Lord will save them.
The Lord will protect them and save their lives.
    He will bless them in this land.
    He will not let their enemies harm them.
When they are sick in bed,
    the Lord will give them strength and make them well! 
Psalm 41:1-3Easy-to-Read Version

Since Tuesday, my daughter Val has been fighting the flu-bug. I went down to see her on Friday and she just wanted me to bring her home. I don’t care how old you are, when you are sick, don’t you just want to go to Mommy’s house?

So for the last two days, she has curled up on my couch during the day, watching movies and sitcom reruns. I have pretty much parked myself on the other end of the couch. Because why else does a baby girl want to come home when she is sick if not to have Mommy on the couch with her. 

The last two nights, I have been lying awake in my own bed listening to her cough. The poor baby. What I wouldn’t give to take this illness away from her, even if it meant me getting sick. I just want her to be healthy and full of life again.

Our heavenly Father looks at us the same way. He doesn’t want us to be sick or to suffer. He wants us healthy and happy. So much so that He sent His Son to take our illness away. We may think that sometimes we do suffer here on this Earth, but it is nothing compared to the pain we would endure if God hadn’t already saved us from our sins.

Thank you Lord for being the ultimate Physician. You not only heal our broken bodies, You heal our broken souls. Amen  

It's tough seeing this beautiful child not feeling well.
(This picture is from four years ago, by the way. I wouldn't dare take a picture of how she looks now.) 

No comments: